Sunday, March 26, 2023

A PWE That Hits the Spot

Apparently, I entered a contest I didn't know about. I was just casually reading and commenting on some blogs the other day, one of which just happened to be Johnny's Trading Spot. The next day I'm doing the same thing and lo and behold, I won a contest of some sort. I had to dig through my old contacts to find Johnny's email address but I sent him my address so I could claim my winnings. On a windy and rainy Saturday, a PWE showed up in the mail.

I couldn't tell you the last time I got cards in the mail but it's been over a year at least. That's one of the parts of blogging and writing about cards I missed, getting little packages or PWEs in the the mai here and there. Gave me a reason to actually care about the mail coming, instead of it just being junk mail and the occasional bill.

Anyway, enough rambling, here's a quick peek at what John sent over.


The Topps Gallery stuff is new to me. I heard about it coming out but that was during my hiatus and I was barely thinking about cards at the time. I really like the pictures on both of these cards, the Votto especially. 


Two Hall of Famers here in Joe Morgan and Early Wynn and a really shiny card of the Guardians top pitcher, Shane Bieber.


And some really cool horizontals to finish off this PWE for some good additions to my Reds and Indians/Guardians collections.

Thanks to Johnny for sending these cards over and for running the contest.

2 comments:

  1. That happened to me too! I didn't realize that John gives away cards to one random commenter. But now that I'm aware of the game... I haven't won again :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like that was a good way to welcome you back!

    ReplyDelete