Thursday, March 23, 2023

2023 Topps: New Cards for a New Season


A week from today is Opening Day, so I figured that it would be a good time to write about some cards I opened the other day (see what I did there?)

I'm sure by now 2023 Topps has made the rounds on the blogs. There's not much I can possibly add to it except that ... I like it! Now this wasn't my first go-round with 2023 Topps. I'd bought a blaster box right when it came out to at least give it a shot before I decided to give blogging another go here.


Between the last time I was blogging and now, my scanner croaked so everything you see here is stuff I've taken pictures of on my phone (so therefore, pardon the glare). I'm still trying to figure out my setup. Anyway, these are the base cards. They look better in person, believe me.


The only variations are the photo variations which are labeled on the back as "SSP" apparently. These are not them but I'm a sucker for cool uniforms.


Neat horizontals.



The team cards this year are pretty cool!


Your 2023 Opening Day starter for the Reds, Hunter Greene. 


Nice to see the rookie cups again!


With this being a blaster, it's got one of these "Stars of MLB" cards in every pack. I really like these. Nice and shiny.


Definitely appreciate the 1988 retro cards. That Barry Larkin card has to be my favorite of the whole box really.


Cleveland Indians Guardians team card blue parallel. Still getting used to calling them the Guardians.


And the promised patch card. Not sure who Nolan Gorman is though but apparently he's a rookie on the Cardinals.

So that's a blaster of 2023 Topps. I don't see myself buying any more of these (mainly because they're $25 a box now). I got my enjoyment out of it and now I've got a good handle on it. Any other cards I want from Series 1, I'll nab off of Card Barrel or someplace online. 

Thanks for reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment